Polymorph Moldable Plastic is a thermoplastic that can be formed with your hands into any shape. Think of it like clay, but you don't need a kiln to harden it, and it's plastic.
Polymorph pellets are made of PCL, a biodegradable thermoplastic with a low melting point (65oC).
To use these:
- Put the pellets in a bowl with boiling water. They will start to melt and become transparent. Once all the beads are transparent, pour away the water and allow to cool slightly until it is safe to touch.
- While hot but safe to touch, the plastic is now pliable and will feel like warm play-doh. You can hand-mold the soft plastic in this state into anything with your bare hands.
- Once you are happy with the shape, allow the item to fully cool. The plastic will become opaque as it cools. Once fully cool, it will be as solid as a rock!
You can use this for:
- Quickly building prototype plastic parts
- Replacing handles to tools
- Making statues and toys
What's even cooler is that these are completely reusable - you can re-melt these over and over again! They are also biodegradable.
Whilst safe to touch, these are safe for playing with children. We recommend parental guidance in handling the plastic and hot water (when it is too hot to touch).
Caution: Small parts. May cause a choking hazard. Do not swallow.