Inertial Measurement Units are a chip designed to measure acceleration, gyration (rate of rotation), and sometimes additional things like air pressure or magnetic orientation.
They are perfect for motion detection, including 3-axis movement and rotation, and are often used in drones, self-driving cars, robots, and mobile phones.
We sell a range of IMUs, including:
- GY-521: 3-Axis Accerometer and Gyrometer (MPU-6050).
- GY-291: 3 Axis Accelerometer and Tilt Sensor (ADXL345).
- GY-89: 10-DOF Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Magnetometer and Altimeter (LSM303D + L3GD20 + BMP180).
- GY-50: 3-Axis Gyrometer (L3G4200D)
- MMA7455 (YIK8): Freescale 3-Axis Accelerometer
All come with pins and are ready to use for your project. If you require these soldered on before shipping, add on our soldering services.